The APOS team is made of a diverse group of committed People. If you would like to join us then send us a CV. firstname.lastname@example.org
Prosthetist / Orthotist Innovation Researcher
|Closing Date: 02/05/2018 09:30|
|Salary: €28k-€34.5k depending on level of exp & ability|
Atlantic Prosthetic Orthotic Services (APOS) LTD is an independent Prosthetic and Orthotic manufacturing and clinical service company based in Co. Galway. APOS provides a wide range of prosthetic and orthotic products, including prostheses for lower and upper limbs, such as legs and hands, for example, and a range of milled semi-bespoke and retail range of orthotic insoles, and other therapeutic wearable devices, mainly in a business to customer model.
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
APOS plan to develop an in-house 3 D printing capability to replace and reduce the time and cost of current manual manufacture methods in a clinical prosthetic/orthotic workshop setting. The project will explore different approaches to incorporating 3D printing within the prosthetic/orthotic fabrication process as well as making best use of the opportunities that 3D printing brings to the design and fitting of devices for example a prosthetic socket.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Atlantic Prosthetic Orthotic Services to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with Queens University Belfast. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
• To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
• To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
• To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
• To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
• To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
• Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess
• Hold a BSc (Hons) in Prosthetics and Orthotics or equivalent, by June 2018.
• 1 year’s relevant experience – prosthetic orthotic manufacturing as well as clinical experience
• Legally permitted to work in the EU.
• Hold a Higher Degree in a relevant area.
• A minimum of 2 years Prosthetic Orthotic clinical experience.
• Understanding of quality systems.
• Have a strong aptitude for learning and understanding manufacturing processes.
• Ability to work independently and to focus on outcomes within the timeframe allocated.
• Have a knowledge of the current 3D systems and of CAD Scanning systems within prosthetic field.